How to Find a UK-Based Event Agency: A Guide to Hiring Event Staff
If you’re planning an event in the UK, hiring event staff is crucial to ensuring the success of your event. Event staff can include a range of roles, from festival staff to coordinators, and finding the right agency to hire from is essential. In this blog post, we’ll answer some key questions about hiring event staff and guide you through the process of finding a UK-based event agency.
What is Festival Staff?
Festival staff are a specific type of event staff who work in the festival industry. They are responsible for a range of tasks, including setting up and dismantling festival equipment, managing crowds, providing customer service, and ensuring the safety of festival attendees. Festival staff may work in a variety of roles, such as security, catering, or ticketing, and will typically have experience working in the festival industry.
What Should I Look for When Hiring Staff for an Event?
When hiring event staff, there are several factors you should consider. Firstly, you’ll need to decide what roles you require and the number of staff you need to hire. You’ll also want to look for staff with relevant experience in the event industry, such as previous work at similar events or festivals.
Other qualities to look for in event staff include excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to work under pressure. Look for staff who are adaptable and can think on their feet, as events can be unpredictable and require quick thinking to resolve any issues that arise.
What Does an Event Staffer Do?
Event staff may work in a variety of roles, depending on the nature of the event. Some common roles include:
- Customer service: providing assistance and answering questions for attendees.
- Security: ensuring the safety of event attendees and managing any security risks.
- Catering: serving food and drinks to attendees.
- Set-up and dismantling: preparing and dismantling event equipment, such as stages, tents, or displays.
- Ticketing: managing ticket sales and checking tickets at the event entrance.
What is a Festival Coordinator?
A festival coordinator is responsible for managing the overall organization and logistics of a festival. This includes coordinating with vendors, scheduling performances, managing staff, and ensuring that the festival runs smoothly. Festival coordinators will typically have extensive experience in the festival industry and excellent organizational and leadership skills.
What is the Most Important Quality in an Event Staff Worker?
The most important quality in an event staff worker is reliability. Events are time-sensitive and require staff who can be depended on to show up on time and fulfill their duties. Other important qualities include a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team.
How to Find a UK-Based Event Agency
Finding a UK-based event agency to hire event staff from can seem overwhelming, but there are several steps you can take to make the process easier.
- Do your research: Start by researching event agencies in the UK that specialize in your event type. Look for agencies with a good reputation and positive customer reviews.
- Ask for recommendations: Ask colleagues or industry contacts if they have any recommendations for event agencies. This can be a great way to find reliable agencies that have been recommended by people you trust.
- Check agency websites: Visit agency websites to learn more about their services and see if they offer the types of event staff you need.
- Contact agencies: Contact event agencies directly to discuss your needs and ask any questions you may have. Be sure to ask about the agency’s experience and qualifications, as well as their rates and availability.
Hiring event staff is an important part of planning any event, and finding a UK-based event agency is key to ensuring you hire reliable and experienced staff.